Today, I am sharing with you how to use 1 product, 3 ways! 🙂 This saves time, shows off different uses for the products you have, and creates multiple projects in the end.
Let’s get started!
I used the Taylored Expressions Presents Cutting Plate to create three different themed cards (birthday, wedding, Christmas). I also took advantage and utilized TE Inside Scoop stamp series to use coordinating sentiments on the front and the inside. All supplies used are listed below, with the exception of a sneak peek (let’s see if you can guess what it is).
Here are the inside’s of all three cards. I love how TE creates such wonderful stamps for those who like to design the inside as well. 🙂
Below, I will explain how each card was created.
- Create an A2 sized cardbase from TE Sprinkles cardstock.
- Also, create an A2 sized panel one eighth of an inch smaller for the inside panel. Ink and stamp (tone-on-tone) with TE Sprinkles ink and TE Twinkle Twinkle Background stamp.
- Die-cut TE Sprinkles cardstock with the TE Presents Cutting Plate. Also, stamp/ink this die cut with TE Sprinkles ink and TE Twinkle Twinkle Background stamp for a continuous tone-on-tone look. The front of the card will match with the inside of the card. 🙂
- Die-cut several colors of cardstock to fit behind the presents. Also, cut down a piece of patterned paper for the background of the shaker card.
- Adhere a piece of acetate behind the TE Presents Cutting Plate, while at the same time place the sentiment strip (this way you can hide the edges under the cutting plate).
- Adhere foam adhesive around the edges to create the shaker window. Place in shaker material and adhered to the cardbase.
- Viola! The last bit one has to do, is stamp/ink the inside sentiment!
- This wedding themed card was made similar to the first one with a few exceptions.
- Instead of a shaker card, the background panel is a heat embossed panel using the TE Happy Flowers Background stamp. I thought this gave a nice elegant touch to the card, keeping a nice white-on-white color scheme.
- You may be asking yourself where the sentiments to this card come from?! I am sneak peeking a new stamp set called, TE The Inside Scoop – Wedding. You will be able to view this entire stamp set during TE April Release week!!! It’s coming soon!
- This last card was created in a similar fashion to the wedding themed card.
- The background was a piece of patterned cardstock from the TE Build a Scene Christmas 6×6 paper pack. I added additional gold lines with a gold glitter pen and straight ruler. This added a bit of sparkle to the background!
- The inside sentiment was stamped first and then die cut with the same cutting plate as the front so that it was a cohesive look. I also like adding in different techniques here and there to add more interest to the eye. 🙂
In the end, I used the same cutting plate and similar techniques to create three different themed cards and saved myself a lot of time doing it all together! I hope this has helped your creative journey if you’re looking for a new and fresh idea with older (or newer) products you have at home! Please share your projects with me if you create some!
Have a fabulous day!
Project Supply List: