Hello and welcome to Day 3 of Taylored Expressions October Release Sneak Peeks!
I’m excited to bring you two more cards featuring some amazing new products. The entire release will be available starting tomorrow at 9AM CST on the TE webstore.
Let’s check out this brand new background stamp…that has a cutting edge! 😛
This new background stamp is called, Pine Bough Background. It’s different than all the rest because it is only part of a background that you can stamp many ways! I love stamps that provide more than just what they are intended to do. The best part about this stamp…is that it has a coordinating die! Hooray!
Here’s how I created this card:
- Used the new TE Nordic Snowflake stencil on TE Sugar Cube cardstock to create a tone-on-tone background by heat embossing TE Fine Detail Embossing Powder – White. This panel was cut to an A2 size.
- Next, I used the new TE Pine Bough Background stamp with TE Sweet Basil and TE Cilantro ink. The two colors gave more life to the pines, I think! Then I used the coordinating die to cut out the edge. I made two of these backgrounds and placed them differently on top of one another to create a scene.
- Made some realistic pine cones, with the TE Simply Stamped – Pinecones stamp set, to place in between the pine branches! Then, of course, I had to add a little shimmer to make them sparkle!
- Lastly, I heat embossed a sentiment from the same pine cone stamp set onto TE Vellum. Viola!
This card was super easy and lovely to put together. Love the imagery within the new background stamp!
Onto the next…which is special to me…
This card was inspired by my husband. Him and his entire family are hunters, which I guess is good because I know he could hunt and make food for us if ever necessary! Ha! As soon as I saw this new TE stag bust from the new Woodland Silhouettes 1 die set, I pictured my husband and I hunting in the woods – so scenic and calming. I had to make a romantic Christmas card! Hehe.
This card has a bunch of techniques involved, so I will just hit the major parts and let your imagination wander. Haha! But if you have any questions…you can always message me.
Here’s how I created this card:
- To create the background, I used the inlay technique with the TE Birch Tree Cutting Plate and TE Stitched Oval Stacklets. I inlaid the oval stitched die INTO the birch tree background die! :D! The background goes seamlessly throughout the card, but just differs in cardstock colors (Buttercream Frosting and Toffee).
- What breaks up the background is the frame I created using the new TE Petite Scallop Stacklets coupled with the TE Stitched Oval Stacklets. Love how they layer so perfectly together.
- After the background and frame was created…it was time for the beautiful stag busts work! The original die looks like the stag bust, but what I did to make the doe was I cut off the antlers and flipped it around. That way it looked like the doe was facing the stag…just as if I was facing my husband! Hehe. I stamped and heat embossed using TE Fine Detail Embossing Powder – Gold and the TE Snow Day Background stamp to give a winter pattern to the deer.
- Next, I used the new TE Little Bits – Holiday Bloomers paired with the TE Little Bits – Hearts and TE Little Bits – Snowflake Confetti to create a loving wreath beneath the deer.
- Lastly, I used the new TE Gift Card Pop Up die and TE The Inside Scoop – Christmas Blessings stamp set to create the inside of my card. Love the stitching details on the gift card pop up die. It is a perfect for placing holiday gift cards, especially this one to a local store in our area called, Cherry Berry! Who doesn’t love frozen yogurt? 🙂
That’s all for today everyone! Don’t forget to…
Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with a giveaway during each day of sneak peeks! Visit the TE Blog to answer Taylor’s Question of the Day for a chance to win one of the latest products before you can buy it!
Have a terrific day and I hope to see you tomorrow for RELEASE DAY!!!
Supplies Used on Card Project 1:
Supplies for Card Project 2: