Today is Taylored Expressions October 2018 Release Day! Wahoo-ka-choo! The entire release is NOW available at the TE webstore. Be sure to click through all the pictures detailing our amazing design team’s projects using these brand new products!
Let’s start with this beautiful TE Peace, Love, & Cocktails stamp set.
This stamp set is incredible! It’s hilarious and fits the bill for merry cocktails! Hehe! This card is jammed packed with details, but overall wasn’t hard to put together.
Here is how I created this card:
- I stamped three drink images with TE Oreo premium dye ink, and then colored the images with Copic markers. ***Trick here is to choose your cardstock colors and/or medium (ink/paste/etc.) BEFORE you Copic color images. TRUST ME, it is easier to match Copic marker colors to your cardstock/mediums than it is to find matching cardstock/mediums to your Copic markers.***
- Therefore, I choose to work with four TE ink colors: Blue Raspberry, Lemon Meringue, Lollipop, and Lime Zest. I wanted to create a bright and cheery cocktail card and these four colors complimented each other well. I then used that color palette to Copic color my images. Set images aside.
- Next, I created a background by stamping/heat embossing the TE Snow Day Background stamp onto TE Sugar Cube cardstock with TE Fine Detail Embossing Powder – White. I then die-cut TWICE the TE Peek-A-Boo Squares die to make six open windows.
- I took three of the inner squares (for behind the drink images) and lightly inked them with blending foams (using the same color palette mentioned above). What is neat is that the snowflake pattern was continuous and the embossed powder RESISTED the ink. Nice effect, eh? For the sentiments, I had to cut three new squares because the sentiments would not heat emboss over the previously embossed snowflake background.
- Next, I created a background on the card base using a black/white striped pattern piece of paper. I in laid the squares onto the striped patterned background and then popped up the snowflake background.
- Lastly, the drink images were popped up and two stripes of gold glitter paper were adhered to each side. BOOM, finished!
This was another favorite card of mine that I have every put together. Might have to replicate this card in different color schemes!
Onto the second card project for today…
This card was probably my most simple card project to date. Hehe. I used an inlay technique (once again…LOL) into an already die-cut image! Something new and stepped up!
This card features the new TE Flip the Script – Tree stamp and die combo. I love these sets because you have the negative background image, the sentiment image, and the coordinating die all in one package!
Here’s how I created this card project:
- Create an A2 sized, top-folding card base from TE Granny Smith cardstock.
- Next, die-cut a piece of TE Watermelon cardstock using TE Swirls Cutting Plate.
- Stamp and color the Flip the Script – Tree image. I used three different green TE inks to create an ombre color scheme (Granny Smith, Peapod, and Cilantro). TE Chocolate Truffle was used for the bottom trunk.
- Here’s the stepped up version of the inlay technique:
- Once the Swirls Cutting Plate image was die-cut, I took the coordinating die to the Flip the Script – Tree stamp and die combo and laid it right in the middle to die-cut. Run sandwich through die-cutting machine.
- Once the sandwich ran through the die-cutting machine, there was an outline of a tree cut straight out of the middle of the swirls cutting plate design. This is where I would in lay the colored and cut tree image. Does that make sense?
- Next, die-cut the star (for the top of the tree) from TE Foil Cardstock – Gold. I did this twice so that one star would be inlaid and the second would stand out a bit more. This was almost a one layered card…at least one layered for my usual style! :)!
- Lastly, I took some old gold paint that I had in my craft room and splattered it all over the card (except for the tree). You can tell in this last picture how everything inlays with itself. This type of design provides no bulk in envelopes for mailing cards.
That’s it for the two cards I to share with you today! If you’re looking to increase your TE rewards don’t forget…
…for a limited time, you can earn DOUBLE CRAFTY POINTS on the Big Background Bundle! Just create an account at the TE webstore and you’re automatically enrolled to begin earning crafty points with every purchase. You’ll receive 120 Crafty Points when you purchase our Holiday Big Background bundle! Offer valid on qualifying purchases made between 9am CDT on Thursday, October 4, 2018 and 11:59 pm CDT on Sunday, October 7, 2018. Crafty Points are only available on purchases made at www.tayloredexpressions.com.
Thank you everyone for joining me today and this week for TE October 2018 Release! It has been another great one and I can’t wait to share the next with you all!
Have the most wonderful rest of the week,
Supplies Used for Card Project 1:
Supplies Used for Card Project 2: